Wrap-up: Outcomes of the course


                                                    Wrap-up: Outcomes of the course  


Before starting ICT course I thought that this course was very tedious and dispensable.But after starting it I realized that we should use modern approaches and tools of ICT to develop better understanding and acquisition of basic skills of English among the students. Using ICT tools and applications such as computers, head projectors, Internet, social media, online language related courses made our courses convenient and attractive. Now when the course has ended I can say that ICT is playing the most important and pivotal role in the learning of language. It is essential for both teachers and students to be familiar with modern ICT tools and use it properly to achieve the aims of English learning and teaching.
During the course I encountered many problems but the most serious of them was to create e-Portfolio. As I have never created a resume before, it was really difficult to plan, create and publish e-Portfolio website. I did not know that it may include input text, electronic files, images, multimedia, but after watching the video which I found on YouTube I realized that it can facilitate students' reflection on their own learning, leading to more awareness of learning strategies and needs . First we took some self assessment test, after getting results we had to add our accomplishments in it. It was the most tedious aspect of creating e -Portfolio. I was very glad when I completed the task. Unfortunately, the next when I wanted to open my e-Portfolio I found that I forgot my password and I had to create it again. But for the second time it was very easy as I did it before.

My biggest accomplishment in the course was to make and design a cartoon. Although it was a collaborative project, I did my best to complete this task on time and correctly. We made an educational video "Article Brothers" for kids with "Animaker". "Animaker is equipped to create any kind of audio we needed for our video. This program allowed us to easily create professional-looking video content using animated transitions, images and sounds. At first I thought that creating cartoon was a timely, strenuous process and would require a fine amount of detail and skill. But at the end I found that during this project I explored creativity in myself, learnt about video equipment and developed design and editing skills.

 Before starting the ICT course I did not know that everyday usage of digital technology such as using a computer, tablet or mobile phone, sending  email, browsing the internet, making a video call - are all examples of using basic ICT skills and technology to communicate. But now I have deepen my knowledge of technology and  know how it works.  During this course I mastered  practical skills like coding/programming and gain a theoretical understanding of topics like computer science and web development, creating video, e-Portfolio and blog. What is  the most important is that I have learnt  how to properly collaborate with others and that I feel comfortable learning new things that make our project run better.


As an ICT user I improved my English  as it enables effective education and provide instruction according to student needs. Also, it provided educational activities in large geographical areas and
 encouraged the individual study. During this course we used several technical tools which had a significant effect on the learning process of each area( speaking, listening, reading,writing) of the language. Also, I developed my abilities to work with computer and explored creativity in myself.   In an age determined to generate new paths to quality education, ICT brings forward countless of benefits, enabling me with the right skill and outlook to stay ahead in the increasingly aggressive rat race.


Комментарии

Отправить комментарий

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

My computer skills: strengths and weaknesses

How useful/effective are online self-assessment tests?

The best project/presentation I made